Textual 6.0.10 – Lightweight IRC client.
Size: 11.87 MB
Textual is the world’s most popular application for interacting with Internet Relay Chat (IRC) chatrooms on OS X.
First appearing in 2010, Textual has since evolved and matured into the top IRC client for OS X; relied on and trusted by thousands of people.
• Textual includes two elegantly designed dark and light variants of the user interface which have been refined all the way down to the very last pixel.
Powerful, yet lightweight
• Textual supports very powerful modern technologies such as native IPv6, the latest IRCv3 specifications, client-side certificate authentication, and much, much more in an easy to navigate, clutter free environment.
Privacy is valued
• Textual protects your privacy by leveraging widely accepted, proven technologies such as Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) to ensure that the only people reading your conversations are those that you intend to.
• Textual takes customization to the next level with styles created using well documented, open web standards in addition to addons built using a multitude of programming languages such as AppleScript, Objective-C, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, and Swift.
Textual also includes…
• Multi-channel selection
• Quick navigation using fuzzy searching
• Inline nickname colorization
• Rich array of keyboard shortcuts
• iCloud support for syncing connections and preferences
• Address Book for tracking when friends are online & offline
• Powerful, customizable, rule-based ignore matching
• Inline media embedding (Show images inline with chat)
• Auto-Completion for nicknames, commands, and channels
• Growl and native Notification Center support
• Bold, color, italic, and underline text formatting
• Built in support for converting text emoticons to emojis
• Powerful ZNC integration for power users
• Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
• SOCKS4, SOCKS5, and HTTP proxy support (with or without SSL)
• Support for sending self-signed certificates for authentication
• Support for validating and specifying trust for untrusted certificates
Modified the keyboard shortcuts used for text formatting to eliminate collisions with other features. See the Text Formatting knowledge base article to view the new keyboard shortcuts.
Modified the frequency in which the “Joining channels has been delayed because because you haven’t identified.” message is displayed and under what conditions it is displayed.
Merged changes made by the author of the Equinox style which improves the format of the date displayed when the day changes.
Fixed some changes to connections not being acknowledged when using iCloud syncing.
OS X 10.8.3 or later, 64-bit processor