Size: 12.43 MB
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
What’s New in Version 3.0.3
—— New in 3.0.3 ——
• In addition to OmniFocus and Wunderlist, you can now import from Todoist – go to File > Import.
• Fixed an issue that prevented the OmniFocus import script from importing deferred projects.
• We now hide Calendar events that have been declined.
• Improved the user experience when expanding a to-do below an already-expanded to-do.
• We now block the setting of reserved keys as shortcuts in the tag management window.
• Improved performance when dragging an email into a to-do’s notes to create a link.
• Fixed an issue where the File menu command for “New Heading with Selection” didn’t work (hold down Option to see it).
• Fixed an issue where the main window could appear inactive when the Jump Start or Quick Entry popovers were visible.
• Fixed some AppleScript issues.
• Fixed several crashes.
Meet the all-new Things! A complete rethinking of the original, award-winning task manager – with a perfect balance between simplicity and power, incredible new features, delightful interactions, and a timeless new design.
HERE’S HOW THINGS WORKS
If you’re new to Things, this is the basic workflow:
1. Collect Your Thoughts
Get things off your mind quickly: no matter what app you’re in, a keyboard shortcut instantly reveals Quick Entry. Type your thoughts and save them to the Inbox. Or just talk to Siri on any device! “Remind me to…”
2. Get Organized
Create a project for each of your goals, then add the steps to reach them. For clarity, add structure with headings. Then group your projects by areas of responsibility, such as “Family”, “Work”, or “Health”. Review these regularly to stay on top of things.
3. Plan Your Time
See your calendar events alongside your to-dos and plan your time effectively. Create repeating to-dos for things you do every few days, weeks, or months – Things will remind you on the right day.
4. Make the Most of Your Day
Every morning, grab a coffee and prepare your list for “Today”: review previously planned to-dos and make quick decisions on what to tackle. Pick some more steps from your projects and then get going. The Today list is the only place you’ll need to look for the rest of the day.
5. Customize Your Workflow
Use tags to categorize your to-dos or add context. For example, tag places like “Office” or “Home”, or tag all your “Errands”, or everything you’re working on with “Kate”. You can easily find everything you’ve tagged via filtering or search.
HERE’S WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE THINGS
1. It stays out of your way.
As you start using Things, you’ll quickly notice how seamlessly all the features fit together to give you an uncluttered, focused experience. There are no unnecessary frills. No pointless gimmicks or useless controls. In fact, you’ll hardly notice the app – it’s just you and your to-dos.
2. Everything revolves around your to-dos.
In Things, each of your to-dos are special. In a list, they simply show a checkbox and the title of your to-do. But when you open them, they extend into a beautiful white piece of paper that’s ready to hold your thoughts. Additional details (checklists, tags, reminders, deadline) are nicely tucked away in the corner until you need them.
3. It’s got a touch of magic.
Things removes friction in magical ways. As an example, take Type Travel, a remarkable new way to navigate your lists. You just start typing where you want to go – the name of any project, area, or to-do – and instantly you’re transported there. Or look at the Natural Date Input – just type “Tom(orrow)”, “Sat(urday)”, “in fou(r days)”, “Au(gust 1)”., and it will jump to all the right conclusions.
4. It’s got all the power of macOS.
Things is fully integrated with all the latest macOS technologies: Touch Bar, Today Widget, Calendars, Siri & Reminders, Share Extension, Handoff, and AppleScript.
5. And much more…
Everyone’s got their favorite feature, it’s impossible to list them all. See what our users love about Things – visit our website at: thingsapp.com
This is a truly incredible update, with dozens of powerful new features. See the “What’s New” section below for a full list.
App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/things-3/id904280696?mt=12
More Info: http://culturedcode.com/things/