Size: 9.58 MB
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.9+
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit
New in 7.0.0
Notifications can now be configured for individual channels in Channel Properties.
Multiple endpoints can now be configured in the Redundancy section of Server Properties.
Improved compatibility with macOS High Sierra.
Highlights can now be copied from the “Highlight List” window.
Improved reliability of playing back messages from previous session.
Server list selection is now remembered between app launches.
Web pages are now opened in the background when a URL is clicked while holding the Command key.
Connections are now hosted by a separate, always sandboxed process to improve performance and security.
The sysinfo and screens command now outputs resolution in pixels, instead of points.
Updated the Blowfish Encryption addon to include the latest version of LibreSSL.
Cipher suite changes
Several bug fixes
See full release notes here.
Textual is the world’s most popular application for interacting with Internet Relay Chat (IRC) chatrooms on OS X. First appearing in 2010, Textual has since evolved and matured into the top IRC client for OS X; relied on and trusted by thousands of people.
Textual includes two elegantly designed light and dark variants of the user interface to match all tastes. The user interface itself has been refined all the way down to the very last pixel. Everything has a place and a purpose and nothing is in the way to create clutter.
Powerful, yet lightweight
Textual supports very powerful modern technologies such as native IPv6, direct client-to-client file transfers, the latest IRCv3 specifications, client-side certificate authentication, and much, much more in a lightweight, easy to navigate, clutter free environment.
Privacy is valued
Sensitive information such as passwords are maintained within the OS X keychain which is encrypted. Additionally, text based encryption with automatic key-exchange using industry proven standards is available. Furthermore, all source code is publicly available for auditing at any time.
Textual also includes…
• Multi-channel selection
• Quick navigation using fuzzy searching
• Inline nickname colorization
• Rich array of keyboard shortcuts
• iCloud support for syncing connections and preferences
• Address Book for tracking when friends are online & offline
• Powerful, customizable, rule-based ignore matching
• Inline media embedding (Show images inline with chat)
• Auto-Completion for nicknames, commands, and channels
• Growl and native Notification Center support
• Bold, color, italic, and underline text formatting
• Built in support for converting text emoticons to emojis
• Powerful ZNC integration for power users
• Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
• SOCKS4, SOCKS5, and HTTP proxy support (with or without SSL)
• Support for sending self-signed certificates for authentication
• Support for validating and specifying trust for untrusted certificates
More info: https://www.codeux.com/textual/
App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textual-6/id896450579?mt=12