PowerPhotos allows you to “break” the security of your images in Photos.app and convert multiple photo libraries, rather than having them in a giant library. You can easily switch between libraries, or simply browse photos in their libraries directly from PowerPhotos, without having to open each library in Photos.
PowerPhotos also supports search across all your libraries at once, to help you locate a particular photo. If you use iCloud Photo Library you can sync your photos with your other devices, the security division of the library can save storage costs iCloud. Use a single library to keep a smaller collection, which can be synchronized with iCloud, while the bulk of your photos in separate libraries are maintained, so do not take up space on iCloud.
PowerPhotos can analyze your library for duplicate photos, display and allow for extra copies of photos you no longer need.
New in version:
- It fixed to bug where failure could cause PowerPhotos photos stay stuck in a loop and never end the merger
- no error messages recorded for .AAE and ._ copied files during a merger
- Calculating the size of the library adjusted to match better with the Finder
- Smart albums based on a date range correctly include the photos on the last day of the range
- Fixed a problem where some RAW pictures have a type of “JPEG” displayed on the information panel PowerPhotos
- The size displayed in the information panel for an edited photo Powerphotos always match what is shown in the Information window Photo
- Fixed a bug where merging warning about iCloud storage optimization would be shown twice
- Fixed a bug that could occur when loading the system library if missing one or more photos in the library
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to view a library that was completely lost its files database