Name: Meta – Music Tag Editor, Audio Metadata
Size: 5.38 MB
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.8 or higher
What’s New in Version 1.6.8:
– Added completions for the ‘Grouping’ tag, using iTunes data.
– Added the ability to String-Transform all of a file’s metadata at once (context menu & edit menu)
– Added the ability to batch-copy read-only attributes
– Added the ability to batch-copy some attributes’ “raw” value (offered when pressing the option-key)
– New ‘Edit in List / View in List (alternate)’ entries in the tag context menus of the sidebar
– There is no more lag when selecting a big amount of files. (Previously had to wait 40s when selecting ~500 files. Now selection is instantaneous even with a load of ~3000 Files on a classic Hard Disk Drive).
– Column customisation menu: All visible columns are now initially part of the menu, for faster de-selection.
– Added Some Missing Translations.
– Fixed a bug which could cause clearing tags to fail.
Meta is a complete tool that helps you manage your digital music collection. It allows for easily editing audio metadata (tags) such as a song’s artist, title, album, artwork, etc…
• Supported Formats:
– Audio files: .mp3 .mp4 .m4a .flac .ogg .oga .opus .speex .wav .aiff
– Metadata: ID3v1, ID3v2.3/v2.4, APE, MP4, Vorbis, INFO Tags.
– Straightforward, native user interface that follows macOS’ Standards.
– Batch Editing: Apply changes to a selection of files at once.
– Preview audio and artworks without leaving Meta, using Quick Look.
– Perform string transformations.
– Find and replace text, or regular expressions.
– Rename files, extract tags from file names, or even create directories by specifying metadata patterns.
– Easily set or export album artworks using drag & drop.
– Adjust artworks (scale, crop, compress) either on demand, or automatically upon adding new artwork, to keep your audio files size to a minimum.
…and there’s more:
– Generate track number sequences: just choose an index and increment, and Meta will do the rest.
– Batch cut/copy/paste metadata: very useful in-app, and to exchange data with Numbers or Excel spreadsheets as CSV.
– Take advantage of handy file operations, in-app (move, delete, open with, reveal in finder, etc…)
– Utility popovers that help you edit long text (lyrics, comments), BPM (tap tempo), or dates so you don’t have to worry about what format to use.
• iTunes Friendly:
Add selected tracks to iTunes, or refresh their metadata once edited in Meta.
Optionally get autocomplete suggestions from iTunes’s database.
• Meta’s Interface can be Customised:
View Configurations allow you to define lists of tags you want to view/edit.
You can then quickly switch between configurations, depending on your needs (for example: common, advanced, sorting, podcast-related, etc…)
• Fast, Clean, and Reliable:
Edits are instantaneous. Any changes can easily be undone.
And most of all, Meta is powered by Taglib: a well-tested, open-source tagging engine.
App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/meta-music-tag-editor-audio/id558317092?mt=12
More info: https://www.nightbirdsevolve.com/meta/