Name: Internet Speed Test
Size: 1.67 MB
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.8 or higher
– Performance improvement
– Bug Fix
Courtesy of TNT.
“Internet Speed test” is a single threaded test while most others (like speed test dot net) are multi-threaded. It uses a single connection to download the sample files which is closer to what you actually do in your everyday browsing and downloading.
Features & Basics:
• One click internet speed test right from the menu bar.
• Upload and Download speed of your network connection.
• Export .txt format report for internet speed tests with date and time.
• Get the public IP address of your computer.
• Just click to copy MAC address of your PC.
• PC network connectivity is shown with a dark and grey icon.
• Can also test with Ookla (speedtest.net), Netflix (fast.com) and AT & T.
• Retina Display enabled icons.
• Easy to use interface.
• Best in the market.
– Test Count: Number of tests done to get accurate results
– Latency Time: A time delay between the cause and the effect of some physical change in the system being observed.
– Jitter Time: The amount of time it takes for a block of information, called a packet, to travel across a network
– Public IP: Your public IP address is the IP address that is logged by various servers/devices when you connect to them through your internet connection.
– Test Server: Location of Server user to determine your internet speed.
– Mac Address: A unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications on the physical network segment.
More info: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/internet-speed-test-get-99-8-accurate-speedtest/id1087442457