Name: Disk Drill Pro Enterprise
Mac Platform: Intel 64 bit processor
OS version: 10.8.5 or higher
Ked but need to be tested (feedbacks appreciated)
Link for more information:
Data recovery and protection app
Disk Drill is an invaluable do-it-yourself data recovery OS X tool. No other data recovery software for Mac is as easy to use. Whatever the cause of your data loss – accidental deletion, Disk Utility error, data corruption – we can help you get it back.
Recover Data From Virtually Any Storage Device
No matter what type of storage device you’ve lost data from, if you can normally connect it to your Mac and view the contents, Disk Drill can scan it. Even if you’re currently having trouble accessing your hard drive or external device, there’s a good chance our free data recovery software for Mac will be able to rescue data from it. We can help if you have:
• Deleted files from your Mac’s internal hard drive and deleted documents from a USB flash drive
• Lost a partition on an external hard drive and lost music on an MP3 player
• Erased photos from a camera and erased videos from a camcorder
• Lost music on your iPod (Nano, Mini, Shuffle or Classic)
• Deleted books on an e-reader
• Been unable to access a memory card (SD Card, Flash card, XD Card, etc.)
Recovery For All Major File Types and File Systems
Our Deep Scan method works on ANY file system – and even on volumes with a missing or corrupted file system. Disk Drill has several powerful scanning processes, which means Mac data recovery for OS X has never been this comprehensive. File systems that Disk Drill can scan include:
• HFS & HFS+
The list of file types we can recover is equally comprehensive. Our Quick Scan and Undelete Unprotected Data methods can recover ANY file type, but they can’t be used in all situations. Our Deep Scan method can be used in any situation and is able to recognize and recover over 80 different file types, including:
• Photo files like JPG, PNG and TIFF
• Graphic files like AI, PSD and INDD
• RAW camera files like CR2, NEF and DNG
• Video files like AVI, DV and MP4
• Music files like AIF, MP3 and WAV
• Document files like DOCX, PPTX and XLSX
• View the complete Deep Scan list here… http://help.cleverfiles.com/file-types/
Scan and Preview Files for Free
The best thing about Disk Drill is that you don’t have to buy anything until you are sure that your data can be recovered. You can scan your drive and preview your files with Disk Drill Basic. Once you are sure that your files can be recovered, you can quickly upgrade to Disk Drill PRO. And if you install Disk Drill Basic before you lose any data, several of Disk Drill’s data protection features allow for free data recovery on your Mac!
Protect Data and Never Lose It Again
Disk Drill also has several free data protection features that really set it apart from the pack. Once you have these features enabled, you’ll never have to worry about Mac data recovery again:
• Guaranteed Recovery – Keeps an invisible copy of every file you put in your Mac’s Trash
• Recovery Vault – Keeps a record of all metadata for deleted files, so that they can quickly be recovered with names and file locations intact
• S.M.A.R.T. Monitoring – Warns you of hard drive trouble before it fails
Rebuild, Rescue and Remount
If you have a failing drive, lost partition, or need to prevent precious data from being overwritten during the scan process, Disk Drill has several innovative ways to maximize your data recovery:
• Backup Into DMG Image – Backs up an entire hard drive or partition from a failing drive onto a new drive as a DMG file
• Remount Volume as Read Only – Protects a non-system volume during a scan so that your data isn’t overwritten by OSX or another app
• Universal Partition Search – Recovers partitions on HFS+, FAT and NTFS volumes and creates a virtual partition for any ones that are found
• Scan for Lost HFS+ Partition – Finds and rebuilds HFS+ partitions on your Mac that have been reformatted
• Rebuild HFS+ Catalog File – Rebuilds the catalog of HFS+ partitions that won’t mount correctly
Analyze your disk usage
Mac means work and fun for many people in the world. But both activities mean more data is being stored on our hard drives. Statistically, we produce more data than we delete, so over time we need more and more storage space. Cloud storage is expensive, and usually slow. New hard drives are pricey. Disk Drill can help you maximize your existing disk space, for free. Disk Drill’s data mapping mode helps you quickly analyze your Mac disk usage. In less than a minute, you will get an intuitive disk map with visual colored indicators of what’s eating up your precious disk space. Move your space hogs to Trash, or delete them permanently right from Disk Drill. It’s completely safe, as we make sure you don’t delete any system-critical files. Additional disk usage visualization tools, like filters and three display modes, help you free up space effectively. Network drives are also supported.
If you follow the early reviews of High Sierra on the Internet, you would notice that the most hyped new features are APFS, the new file system to replace HFS+, Metal 2, the new graphics API, with VR support. There’s also a bunch of performance and native apps’ updates. We yet have to see whether the new file system is truly better or significantly faster than its predecessors, but what we do know for sure, macOS High Sierra also tightens its backbone security features. Few reviewers actually mention explicit approval requirements for kexts as well as new restrictions in SIP, System Integrity Protection or “rootless” mode. And, in fact, the latest is kind of a big deal for many (!) third-party apps out there, including Disk Drill.
High Sierra What changed for us
Starting with macOS 10.13 High Sierra non-Apple apps can no longer access your startup disk directly. Even though Disk Drill always accesses drives and partitions for deleted data recovery in read-only mode only, even that access is removed at the OS level. Not only Disk Drill is impacted. All system modification apps, UI tuners, many professional backup and disk cloning solutions, heavily integrated system-level management suites are facing the new dilemma. As of today (September 24, 2017) macOS 10.13 High Sierra is only available as a Release Candidate (GM Candidate, as Apple calls it), not even the Golden Master version, as used to be in the past years. Thus, many experts acknowledge: this upgrade might be cumbersome for many users. We started working on High Sierra support for Disk Drill many months ago, and as a result, we are proud to announce Disk Drill 3.5 today. This is the first release of Disk Drill for Mac to officially support the new macOS 10.13. You might have seen some references to the issues that were already polished, improved and fixed to make this support a reality in our past changelogs. Now, this work is done… to a certain extent. We believe, in the new circumstances, Disk Drill 3.5 is the best data recovery do-it-yourself app out there. And you can download it for free, as always.
High Sierra What changed for you
If you are in need of data recovery from any storage device other than your startup system drive, nothing changed for you. Disk Drill is ready to serve you out of the box! The same is true if you are running any macOS/Mac OS X version prior to 10.13. If you need to scan your startup drive (main system disk or partition) for deleted files on the latest macOS, Disk Drill now offers several simple convenient workarounds that will help you get your lost data back in the safest way. These workarounds require 5 to 15 extra minutes of your time, and basically ensure Disk Drill can access your startup drive safely preventing any further file activity on it that could overwrite precious data you are looking for. So, starting with Disk Drill 3.5 running on macOS 10.13 High Sierra, these are the options available to you before the lost data can be recovered from the startup drive:
• You can re-configure your file system protection (less than 5 minutes of your time)
• Or you can use our boot drive for data recovery (less than 15 minutes to start the actual recovery process)
• Or you can use your Mac in Target Disk Mode, the official Apple’s data migration option (also less than 15 minutes required)
Also we wanted to assure you that we are already working on a more integrated solution that might get the recovery process for startup drives back into the normal more simplified course of actions. Until then, we are here to help you out any time, more than we always were.
• Deep Scan properly handles APFS partitions and detects encryption.
• After all these years, Disk Drill learns how to reconstruct your GIF animations.
• More Deep Scan signatures: EWD (Essay Writer projects, by Shark-Space), SESX (Adobe Audition CC Session File)
• SIP Manager simplifies System Integrity Protection configuration.
• Improved iOS data recovery: SMS restoration and display, call history, and text notes sorting
• macOS High Sierra: improved data protection for Fusion Drives
• macOS High Sierra: Polished boot drive creation
• macOS High Sierra: SMART monitoring improvements
• Disk Clean Up: improved hotkeys
• Disk Clean Up: “move to folder” configuration fixes
• Better navigation in data recovery wizards on macOS High Sierra
• Updated UI localization
• Several random crashes fixed