Name: DEVONagent Pro – 3.8 [Intel/K]
Size: 26.74 MB
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.8.5+
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
What’s New in Version 3.9.5
This maintenance release addresses issues related to macOS Sierra. It also adds a new plugin for the Qwant search engine, makes it possible to exclude domains and links on the search set level, and updates a number of plugins and search sets. The update brings workflow enhancements and bug fixes too.
– Qwant plugin.
– “Exclude” tab added to “Search Sets” panel for excluding domains or links.
– “ScanTerm” plugin property added to define a term to filter results, e.g., instead of or in addition to the user’s secondary query.
– Alerts dismissed with “Don’t show again” can be brought back (see “Preferences > General”).
CHANGED FOR MACOS SIERRA
– Renamed ‘Mac OS X’ to ‘macOS’ in alerts.
– HTML pages can be disabled for searches or search sets.
– “Help > Contact us” sends an email via the default email client again.
– Search syntax, e.g., operators or quotes, is removed before copying search queries to the find pasteboard so that “Edit > Find > Find Next/Previous” can be more often used immediately.
– Dropping search results onto e.g. Safari’s bookmarks inserts bookmarks instead of exported HTML files.
– “Delete & Exclude Domain” is now an alternate menu item in contextual and action menus.
– “Google Scholar (Articles)” plugin.
– “Marketing” search set.
– Audio Files, Video Files, Thumbnail Galleries, and Linked Documents/Scripts/Sheets/vCard scanners.
– Advertisement filter.
– Compatibility to RSS 1.0 feeds.
– Compatibility of “Download Manager” (user agent is now identical to user agent of web views).
– “site:domain” operator in primary query terms is now stripped before matching to facilitate searching sites using the Google, Bing, and Web plugins or search sets using these plugins.
– Recognition of dates if neither the server nor the HTML metadata specify a date.
– Compatibility to HTTP proxies.
– Support for Bonjour servers including IPv6.
– Handling of URL credentials.
– Handling of large selections, makes the user interface more responsive.
– Saved searches include thumbnails, e.g. for DEVONthink.
– “File results in DEVONthink” action script can be easily customized to store web archives or PDF documents.
– Optimized crawling.
– Registration of macOS Services.
– Handling of background tasks.
– Checking for updates.
– Crash related to printing a text view (macOS Sierra).
– Issue where the full screen button of search windows didn’t always work (OS X El Capitan and later).
– Issue where the contextual and action menus of results in browser windows didn’t include the command “Delete Domain”.
– Issue where the sharing popup menu of browser windows caused unnecessary console messages.
– Issue where the position of the menu extra was wrong if the menu bar was automatically hidden.
– Issue where “Help > Report Bug” didn’t work if Apple Mail was the default email client (macOS Sierra).
– Issue where toolbar items caused console warnings (macOS Sierra).
– Glitches of properties inspector (macOS Sierra).
– Glitch of progress indication of the address field of browser windows (OS X El Capitan and later).
– Glitch of results list in browser windows.
– Redundant “Tab” menu items from “Window” menu (macOS Sierra).
– Redundant “Sharing” submenu of contextual menu of web views (macOS Sierra).
Your smart Internet (re)search assistant
DEVONagent Pro helps you search more efficiently on the web. It searches multiple sources, frees you from hunting for the really relevant results, and gives you power tools for your research.
* Get results pre-filtered for you
* View results the way you want
* Create reports in many formats
* Save searches so you can continue later
Link for more information: http://www.devontechnologies.com/products/devonagent/devonagent-pro.html