Size: 3.45 MB
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.8 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
What’s New in Version 3.0.2
– Bug fixes and other minor improvements
Freeware at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amphetamine/id937984704
Amphetamine is a little app that lives in your menu bar. With Amphetamine, you can effortlessly override your energy saver settings and keep your Mac awake.
– Keep your Mac (and optionally its display and drives) awake
– Choose from numerous activation time presets, or enter your own
– Keep your Mac awake while specific apps are running
– Schedule activation/deactivation for specific times of the day
– Activate/deactivate with a single click in the menu bar
– Activate automatically at launch login
– Activate when connected to specific WiFi networks
– Keep drives (HDDs/SSDs) connected to your Mac awake
– Use global hotkeys for activation/deactivation
– Receive alerts while Amphetamine is running or when it activates/deactivates
– Auto-deactivate when your Mac’s battery drops below a set threshold
– Auto-activate when you connect your Mac’s power adapter
– Allow/prevent screen saver
– Use your own status icons
– Custom notification sounds
– AppleScript support
Amphetamine supports Retina displays and OS X’s dark mode.
Amphetamine is 100% free (no ads, no in-app purchases).
After you launch Amphetamine, you must activate it by clicking on its menu icon. If you do not activate Amphetamine, your Mac will sleep normally, per your energy saver settings.
Please note that keeping your Mac laptop awake while the lid is closed is not possible for an app from the Mac App Store.